Concept of “5S”
1. “Organisation” requires sorting and disposal of all items placing in the workplace.
2. “Neatness” identifies location and quantity for storing and demands orderly arrangement for better retrieval and return.
3. “Cleanliness” means cleaning and guarantees all things or equipment to be kept in a clean and well-functioning condition.
4. “Standisation” regulates and enforces the results of “Organisation”, “Neatness”, “Cleanliness” by setting up guidelines and procedures.
5. “Discipline” is the repeated 5S application in everyday work tasks by all staff to become a good 5S work habit resulting in the discipline cultivation.
The Occupational Safety and Health Council published “Good Housekeeping DIY Kit” to promote good housekeeping practices. This DIY Kit covers the main considerations in promoting good housekeeping, practical reference materials and tools, such as samples of policy statement, action plan, identification form, sticker and audit checklist, etc. You are welcome to download and use this DIY Kit（https://bit.ly/35XiU29）for establishing a good housekeeping system.